BML provides sports scholarships to 7 athletes
The Bank of Maldives (BML) has awarded sports scholarships to seven athletes.
The Bank stated the scholarships were meant to help athletes hone their skills and achieve complete success in the sport. Under the scholarship, athletes will be able to get training at high-performance training centres abroad with all the activities. This includes Jamaica, Croatia, UAE and Spain.
BML CEO/Managing Director Karl Stumke handed over the certificates to the athletes who received the scholarships at a ceremony held at The Male' Table Tennis Hall this morning.
The athletes who received the scholarship:
* Mariam Ru-ya Ali (Athletics)
* Mohamed Minhal Shamin (Athletics)
* Mohamed Salim Abdul Samad (Badminton)
* Shuba Mohamed Shareef (Badminton)
* Fathimath Jumana Nimal (Table Tennis)
* Moosa Munsif Ahmed (Table Tennis)
* Layan Mohamed Shamin (Tennis)
The recipients of these scholarships were selected through national sports associations. The athletes were selected by the Maldives Olympic Committee for the scholarships.